ANALYZE HOW EDUCATIONAL INNOVATIONS ARE INFLUENCING NURSING EDUCATION
Please see attachment for Rubric to help with numbering each section of the paper that starts with A thru D. Thanks Introduction: For this assessment, you will analyze how educational innovations are influencing nursing education and how you, as a nurse educator, can use these innovations to create a rich learning environment for your students. You will begin this assessment by identifying a course that you will develop. This course could be used in a formal academic setting, or it could be used by a nurse educator in a clinical setting. As part of your assessment, you will analyze an educational innovation and its effect on student outcomes. You will use current literature to provide examples of how the innovation is currently being used in organizations, and how they have benefited from this innovation. You will also explore how this innovation has impacted the role of the nurse educator. Additionally, you will conceptualize a course of your choice, using the innovation you have selected.
You will also examine how you would go about soliciting feedback from your nursing/nurse educator peers and how you would evaluate that feedback about the chosen innovation. Further, you will discuss insights you have gained through your research as well as how you may use this innovation for the future. Finally, you will reflect upon your development as a nurse educator, to stay abreast of technological and educational innovations. Requirements: Your submission must be your original work. No more than a combined total of 30% of the submission and no more than a 10% match to any one individual source can be directly quoted or closely paraphrased from sources, even if cited correctly. Use the Turnitin Originality Report available in Taskstream as a guide for this measure of originality Professional Communications is a required aspect to pass this task. Completion of a spell check and grammar check prior to submitting your final work is strongly recommended. You must use the rubric to direct the creation of your submission because it provides detailed criteria that will be used to evaluate your work. Each requirement below may be evaluated by more than one rubric aspect. The rubric aspect titles may contain hyperlinks to relevant portions of the course.
A. Identify one of the following educational innovations that you will use to impact student outcomes in your course: • MOOC (Massive Open Online Course) • adaptive learning technologies
• simulation/gaming strategies • flipped classroom setting • inquiry-based learning
1. Discuss how two organizations are currently using the innovation chosen in part A, using credible sources. Note: Credible sources include scholarly articles from reputable sources, including peer reviewed journals and publications, published within the past five years, and websites from professional organizations or governmental web sites (American Nurses Association, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, US Census Bureau). Note: You may select an academic setting or health-related organization outside of the nursing field for part A1.
2. Discuss how the two organizations from part A1 have benefited from implementing the chosen innovation from part A, using credible sources.
3. Describe how the chosen innovation may change the role of the faculty.
4. Discuss how the nurse educator will prepare himself or herself to incorporate the chosen innovation into the academic setting.
B. Create a framework for a nursing course by doing the following:
1. Identify the title of your course.
2. Identify the competencies of your course.
3. Explain how you will implement the chosen innovation for or within your course.
C. Evaluate the process of using the chosen innovation within your course framework by doing the following:
1. Discuss how you might solicit feedback from your nursing/nurse educator peers about the chosen innovation used in your course from part B. a. Discuss how you would evaluate feedback from your nursing/nurse educator peers about the chosen innovation used in your course.
2. Discuss two advantages of using the chosen innovation in your course.
3. Discuss two disadvantages of using the chosen innovation in your course.
4. Discuss how your chosen innovation may affect student outcomes in your course.
5. Discuss how you would integrate the chosen innovation into courses that you may develop in the future