Each of the 13 original colonies had its own reasons for being established. Settlers coming over to North America needed to choose which colony best suited their needs.
Please answer BOTH of the following:
- Why did people choose to settle in certain colonies or regions? Think about Jamestown, Plymouth, Maryland, etc. Consider religious, cultural, and economic reasons.
- If you had been alive at the time and decided to leave Europe and settle in the New World, which colony or region would you have selected and why?
Be sure to:
- Make a robust reply to demonstrate understanding of the topic (approx. 200 words or more)
- Cite the sources you use to help you answer the question
- Answer in your own words and identify any phrases copied from a source by placing them in quotation marks and citing (should only be a small portion of your reply – majority should be in your own words)
- Reply to at least one other person in the thread with a substantive comment that demonstrates your own knowledge of the topic and moves the discussion forward. Strive to go above and beyond and respond to even more!
- Try to post earlier in the week so that we can all have a good discussion throughout the week