BEFORE you turn in your assignment you need to run it through turnitin.com. To do so use the link under these instructions. It is blue and reads” >> View/Complete”. DO NOT shut the window until you have received a confirmation number that your paper has been turned in successfully. Then when you go to look at the originality report (and it can take 5-10 minutes for that to be prepared), there will be nothing there for you to see. Once you can access it, look at your originality report (the higher the number the more the plagiarism) and scroll through the paper to see what is highlighted. If something it is highlighted, this means that the program has flagged this as being copied and pasted from somewhere else. Remember that every statement of fact needs a citation and every direct quote needs quote marks and a citation.
If you are using the Blackboard Mobile Learn IOS App, please click “View in Browser.”
Click the link above to submit your assignment. Students, please view the “Submit a Clickable Rubric Assignment” in the Student Center. Instructors, training on how to grade is within the Instructor Center.
Assignment 1: Models for Competitive Dynamics
Due Week 2 and worth 100 points
Competition has, since the 90s, led to wider gaps between industry leaders and laggards. There are more “winner-take-all” environments and greater churns among industry sector rivals. We have witnessed sharp increases in quality and quantity of IT (Information Technology) investments. We’ve seen striking competitive dynamics, particularly in sectors that spend the most on IT. Some of the competitive dynamics models include the Destroy Your Business (DYB) strategy, the Grow Your Business (GYB) strategy, the Information Systems (IS) and strategic advantage, and the social business strategy.
Write a four to five (4-5) page paper in which you:
- Compare and contrast the DYB and GYB strategies in terms of the ability to sustain a business in the marketplace over the long term, to be competitive against rivals, and profitability.
- Examine the “cannibalization” strategy and determine if it is or is not a better strategy compared to the DYB strategy for growth, competitiveness, and market leadership. Provide two (2) business examples.
- Determine whether or not changes in business strategy should entail reassessment of IS. Provide three (3) reasons to support your position.
- Examine how firms can use social IT in alignment with organizational strategy and IS strategy. Consider collaborative capabilities, what, how, and who should use social IT for a social business strategy.
- Use at three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.