Your country just overthrew its dictator, and you are the newly elected President. Unfortunately, due to the divisions in the country and the years of war, economic, military, and political structures are non-existent. A group of loyalists to the old dictator have been detonating bombs, murdering civilians, assassinating leaders, and terrorizing towns with help from a neighboring country’s dictator.
Create a comprehensive plan for your new government. While creating this government identify the governing style, functions of various branches of government, principles that govern leaders, the maintaining of public good, which economic structure is most beneficial to your citizens, at least two domestic programs, ways to create national unity, ways to combat terrorism and violence, and international organizations to join. (See rubric for specific ways to meet the requirements of the paper.)
– Introduction (1 paragraph)
– introduce your country
– briefly outline all the parts of the paper
– Domestic Concerns (1-2 pages)
– identify governing style and principles that correlate to this style
– identify the branches of government and its functions
– development of two public good domestic programs and how they will meet the public good.
– economic structure and reason why this should be used.
– socializing citizens is noted with rationale for how it creates national unity
– Foreign Concerns (1-2 pages)
– two international organizations are noted, one for economics and one for security
– descriptions of both organizations
– rationales for joining these organizations
– steps to joining
– two ways your country will combat the neighboring country’s terrorist threat and the domestic threat
– two way these will be effective
– Conclusion (1 paragraph)
– summarize information
WRITING REQUIREMENTS (APA format):
– 3-4 pages (not including title page or references)
– double spaced, 12-point times new roman font
– minimum 2 scholarly sources