You are a marketing expert for Emerald City Promotions. The tour manager of a Pop music group called “Alvin and the Chipmuncks” has hired your company to increase sales to their concerts and to increase Alvin and the Chipmuncks related paraphernalia.
Alvin and the Chipmuncks is one of the hottest music acts in the country. They have released ten consecutive top hits, have won the Best Contemporary Artist Award, and have several music videos showecased on the pop music television station. The band is about to embark on a twelve week tour across the U.S. Currently, ticket sales aren’t doing as well as expected. The tour manager believes that there are several possible reasons for the dismal ticket sales: booked venues are too large, ticket prices are too high, the fan base is too young and/or the economy is weak.
For your assignment:
- In 2-3 pages, discuss who you think the target market is for Alvin and the Chipmuncks.
- Describe how they can find out what their target customers are looking for in merchandise related to the tour.
- Discuss the factors that affect the prices of tickets and merchandise.
- What strategies can be used to increase ticket sales? How can they translate the popularity of the group and their songs into attendance at concerts?
- What strategies can be used to increase merchandise sales, from the standpoint of both the product selection and promotion during the concert?
Remember to use credible sources. Make sure to write your paper utilizing proper APA formatting guidelines, and to include an APA formatted title page