Research Paper Guidelines
1) 7 pages
2) 12 point font
3) Times New Roman Font
4) Double spaced
5) MLA Format
6) Reference Page (in addition to the 7 page minimum)
7) Include citations within your paper
8) Cover Page not necessary, but title your paper.
9) Number your pages (Cover page does not count as page 1 if you include one)
6+ sources (at least 4 academic sources such as books or journal articles. Wikipedia, blogs,
newspaper articles, websites featuring topic of study, YouTube links, etc., are NOT
considered academic sources) – 10% take off for lack of sources.
Due: Thursday May 16th, 2019
Do not write a summary of an event, or biography of an individual.
The U.S. southwest has experienced a unique and rich musical history in recent decades. In seven
(7) pages, discuss how the history and ever-changing experience of Chicana/os has shaped
Chicana/o music in the southwest or Mexico. You are free to choose any style of music genre,
but your focus is not to summarize the genre, but discuss and compare musical changes to social
changes that occur in society. Essentially, prove to me that music parallels society. You will be
graded on content and writing style.