HRMN 300 FINAL EXAM
Please respond to four of the ten questions below. There is no page requirement; however, you will want to develop each answer to the fullest extent possible, discussing the nuances of each topic and presenting your arguments logically. In addition, you will want to include a minimum of three citations from outside resources to support your arguments. Each answer should be robust, developed in-depth with a minimum of three references (a total of 12).
Each response should be double-spaced and spell-checked. The argument text should be grammatically correct. Cite your references in APA format at the end of each question.
1. Define and discuss job analysis. List and describe in detail the steps involved in conducting a job analysis. Be sure to include a discussion of some benefits and challenges of this technique.
2. Define and discuss the mentoring process. Describe a typical mentoring relationship. How can mentoring aid women and minorities in their career advancement?
3. Define and discuss in detail the two types of sexual harassment found in the workplace. Your answer should include the actions employers can take to create a legal defense and the actions a person subject to this type of treatment or who witnesses these actions can take.
4. Develop an in-depth discussion about the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). What are the major requirements of the ADA? How has the ADA impacted both employers and individuals with disabilities? What actions should an employer take to insure compliance with the ADA?
5. Discuss in detail some of the practices that have developed as alternatives to the traditional work schedule of a full-time, eight-hour day at the employer’s place of business. Please explain in detail why these alternatives have become increasingly popular. From your research cite examples of how these alternatives are being embraced by employers and employees alike.
6. Why has Internet recruiting become so important? As you develop your response, include a description of the process of internet recruiting and an explanation of the steps employers use. What are the disadvantages of internet recruiting?
7. Identify and briefly discuss the benefits mandated by federal law. Be sure to include a description of how they are funded. Then discuss in some detail your thoughts about how benefits can be used as a competitive advantage by employers.
8. Define the term “security” with respect to today’s workplace. Research and then discuss in detail the actions an employer take to minimize the risk of workplace violence. You will also want to briefly discuss “other” security concerns.
9. Define and discuss performance appraisals and the process of developing performance appraisals. Describe and explain the role of performance appraisal in administrative decision making. What is the possible impact of poorly conducted appraisals?
10. Discuss in detail the current “state of labor unions” in the United States? Include a synopsis of the history of unions in the US and include some of the important milestones