Mary Smith is the new administrative assistant and does not seem to have the necessary skill sets to accurately and effectively perform her duties. She is the daughter of one of the firm’s founders, and the other employees are irate when they learn that she will be working for them. In the first three (3) weeks of her employment, she has misfiled documents, been late with her initial assignments, and fraternized frequently with specific employees. She has already caused more problems than she has solved in just a few weeks by this behavior.
Write a three to four (3-4) page paper in which you:
- Summarize the major problems that Mary Smith has caused in her short tenure with the company.
- From the perspective of her immediate supervisor, prepare a job description that details the necessary tasks that Ms. Smith should perform in her role as administrative assistant.
- State the steps you would take to resolve this situation if you were her supervisor and how you would or would not include the founder in your communication.
- Describe the negative and positive effects on a workforce for hiring an unqualified individual who is related to a founder of the company.
- Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Develop work designs that support the human resources strategy.
- Review the human resource management function of training and development and the function’s importance to business strategy.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in human resource management.
- Write clearly and concisely about human resource management using proper writing mechanics.