The Marketing Mix: Promotion
The questions for the module 04 part of your SLP direct you to consider marketing communication and promotional activities. This is quite an extensive section of the marketing strategy.
Excluding your title page, and any prior sections, revised as necessary, the new section of the marketing strategy for SLP04 should be approximately three pages long.
SLP04 should begin with a revision of what you prepared for SLP01, SLP02, and SLP03 with those revised pages (sections 1 – 13) placed before you answer the following sections:
Marketing Strategy Sections for SLP0 4
Assess the INFORMATION NEEDS of target market(s). What infomation will your potential customers need, (e.g. address of premises)?
indicate whether any PERSONAL SELLING will be involved and if so what forms this will take. If not explain why not. If so:
- What training should be received?
- What incentives will the sales force earn?
- How will you evaluate selling performance?
Set COMMUNICATION OBJECTIVES for your service. What do you want to achieve in what time frame in terms of your communicating to your potential customers?
Develop an effective COMMUNICATIONS STRATEGY.
- What advertising media are to be used?
- Develop an effective public relations program for your business.
- Decide what sales promotions you are going to use.
Describe how you will measure ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONS EFFECTIVENESS.
Make sure you use section headings for each of the sections. Use the CAPITALIZED BOLD words as main headings and the non-capitalized bold words as subheadings.
Write in a succinct, organized, and professional way. DO NOT USE ESSAY FORMAT.
Please submit SLP04 by the end of this module.
The MOD01 Background Info section contains “Notes for the SLP” which gives guidance for ALL the sections of the entire SLP.
SLP Assignment Expectations
It is expected that you will explain the alternatives you considered and why you decided to make the recommendations you do. Also that you will use information from the background readings as well as any good quality sources you can find to deepen your understanding of the project and that you will cite all sources and provide a reference list at the end of the paper.
The following will be assessed in particular:
- Your demonstrated understanding of the concepts and frameworks used to conduct analysis for the project. Generally formal definitions are not required as understanding can usually be demonstrated by the way you apply or interpret the concepts.
- Your ability to conduct marketing analysis appropriate to the project. The sections above require a combination of description, (e.g. what will be done) and analysis (explaining why it should be done that way). Graders will place more weight on analysis than description alone.
The criteria used for assessment will be those explained on the MOD01 Home page, namely:
- Critical thinking, including selection and application of relevant frameworks.
- Effective and appropriate communication skills.