Complete the following for this assignment:
- Describe the fundamental duties of a manager (you can use the Phase 4 resources on the four functions of management).
- An ethical dilemmais one where there is no clear right or wrong options, just consequences to decisions. Managers are often faced with ethical dilemmas on a daily basis. Understanding how to make ethical decisions is an important skill for all managers. Consider the following:
- As a manager, you have inside information on a job opening.
- Your friend is a candidate for this job.
- All candidates get a brief summary of the job description and requirements.
- Because you work for the company, your friend asks you for additional information to help out with the interview process.
- You know that you have more information that could help your friend get the job, but this information is not being shared with the other candidates.
- Use the Project Management Institute (PMI) guidelines for ethical decision making in your Phase 4 resources, and show how you came up with a final decision (document each of the five steps to show how you made your final decision).
- Read the first section of the article Strategy in the Global Environmentin the Phase 4 resources. Briefly describe why you think it is important for managers to understand the global environment.
- Select one of the tools from the following website Basic Tools for Process Improvement and describe how this tool is used in the workplace for process improvement.