Define four varieties of grafts: autografts, isografts, allografts, and xenografts.
2. Describe how and why both types of adaptive immunity can cause problems with organ transplantation.
3. Discuss how the body works to recognize your own cells and to differentiate them from foreign body cells.
4. Describe steps taken to lessen graft rejections.
5. Research “skin cell gun.” Explain what this experimental device can do. Describe how this may change how we treat second and third-degree burns.
6. List any other experimental stem cell techniques currently being used in organ transplantation.
7. What is your personal opinion on individuals using their own stem cells to speed healing and recovery times after an injury?