Write an 8-10 page paper in which you:
- Develop a theory or hypothesis about some economic relationship.
- Based on your theory and research, specify a mathematical model of your theory.
- Identify and collect data to test your hypothesis.
- Use econometric methods to estimate your mathematical model.
- Use statistical inference to draw conclusions to support your theory.
- Include at least six (6) references (no more than three years old) from material outside the text(s).
Your assignment must:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the tile of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Apply econometrics to conduct and present the analysis of economic data to support business and public policy decisions.
- Apply regression analysis to interpret the characteristics of populations and test hypotheses.
- Select and apply the appropriate model to analyze economic data.
- Explain how to resolve issues of multicollinearity, heteroscedasticity, and autocorrelation in variables.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in econometrics.
- Write clearly and concisely about econometrics using proper writing mechanics.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic/organization of the paper, and language and writing skills.