Weekly tasks or assignments (Individual or Group Projects) will be due by Monday and late submissions will be assigned a late penalty in accordance with the late penalty policy found in the syllabus. NOTE: All submission posting times are based on midnight Central Time.
Conformity in Groups
Many famous social experiments have been conducted on the topic of conformity. Consider the Milgram experiment and the Asch Conformity experiments by selecting the following links:
After reviewing these experiments, write a paper of 400–600 words discussing the following points:
- Explain the major findings of these experiments.
- Based on your personal experience, are people more or less willing to conform when in a group?
- Reflect back on your high school experience. Did the social influence of the high school setting have you acting like the majority of other teenagers in your school so that you would be viewed as “normal”?
- Were you a conformist or a nonconformist in high school? Why?
- Who and what influenced your behavior?