To prepare for this Assignment:
- Review your Discussion post and responses for thi
- Review Chapter 6, “Exploring Ideas,” in your course text, The Everyday Writer.
- s week.
- Think about other pre-writing techniques you have used in the past. Are there any you have used successfully that are not included in the text?
- Consider which pre-writing strategies work best for the way you learn and write.
Select and complete three (3) of the pre-writing strategies listed below from Chapter 6, “Exploring Ideas” in your Everyday Writer (you may also use one of your own preferred strategies). Your instructor will respond with questions and comments that will help to further guide your research and writing.
- Freewriting or looping
- Drawing or creating word pictures (if you choose this method, please also include an explanatory paragraph)
- Asking questions
- Freespeaking (include the audio file)
- Browsing sources (explain which topics you looked up in what types of sources, as well as an overview of your initial observations)
Assignment Requirements:For this assignment, you should:
- Fill approximately 1 to 2 pages with your chosen pre-writing techniques.
- Write your name, course title, instructor’s name and date at the top of the document.
- Type in a Word document with 1-inch margins on all sides.
- Double-space your assignment.
- Use a standard font (Times Roman or Arial) in 12 point size.
- Include only one space after periods or other punctuation marks.
- Indent your paragraphs, with the first line being 5 inches from the left margin (using the Tab key).