DFC610 UMUC Cybersecurity Technology Threat Analysis And Exploitation
US critical infrastructure-power—water, oil and natural gas, military systems, financial systems—have become the target of cyber and physical attacks as more critical infrastructure systems are integrated with the Internet and other digital controls systems. The lesson learned in defending and mitigating cyberattacks is that no entity can prevent or resolve cyberattacks on its own. Collaboration and information sharing is key for success and survival.
This is a group exercise, representing collaboration across all sectors, to support and defend US critical infrastructure. In the working world, a team like this would include some agencies, some industrial partners, and some private sector corporations. Each organization has different strengths and skills, different access to information, and different authorities to report to. When the sectors work together and leverage resources and skills, the result is that everyone benefits from the defense and protection of US IT infrastructure. In your teams, you can model the same collaboration, leveraging each other’s expertise, sharing each other’s knowledge, teaching each other, and providing contributions specific to your role in the scenario.
- Financial Services Representative: special task in Step 3
- Law Enforcement Representative: special task in Step 4
- Intelligence Agency Representative: special task in Step 5
- Homeland Security Representative: special task in Step 6
There are seven steps that will help you create your final deliverables. The deliverables for this project are as follows:
- Security Assessment Report (SAR): This report should be a 14-15 page double-spaced Word document with citations in APA format. The page count does not include figures, diagrams, tables, or citations.
- After Action Report (AAR): This report should be a 10-15 page double-spaced Word document with citations in APA format. The page count does not include figures, diagrams, tables, or citations.
- This is a 5-8 slide PowerPoint presentation for executives along with a narrated or In-Class Presentation summarizing your SAR and AAR report.