Prior to beginning work on this discussion, read Alejandro Chafuen’s article, Moralists and Money: From Gold to Bitcoin (Links to an external site.), and respond to the following components:
- Define money and describe its functions.
- Is money a root of all evil? Why or why not?
- How are paper money (fiat) and commodity money different? How can paper money be validly used as money?
- Are credit cards money? Why or why not?
- Are cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin, Ethereun, Ripple, Litecoin, Monero, money? Why or why not? Discuss thoroughly.
Your initial post should be a minimum of 300 words.